Bike, Hike, and Paddle

****************************************************************************************************************************
From January of 1996 to October of 2008, this site was called "Chuck's Backpacking Bonanza" and was hosted on AOL until they ceased such hosting. Over the years, I expanded the site to include much more than only backpacking, so the name is now Bike, Hike, and Paddle. Enjoy my efforts!
******************************************************************************************************************************
--------------------THE INDEX IN THE SIDEBAR ON THE RIGHT WILL GET YOU STARTED--------------------
******************************************************************************************************************************

Saturday, January 13, 2018

22nd Anniversary of my websites

Twenty-two years ago (January of 1996) I began a website called Chuck's Backpacking Bonanza which documented with photos and information my 60+ backpacking adventures across the country. There were very few Internet gateways to such information back then and my site became one of the go-to tools for such information. For those who recall, uploading photos and webpages back then was slow and arduous and done by telephone modem. What takes seconds now took minutes back then and the resolution of the photos was poor.

As the years progressed and technology improved, I added my biking, rafting, kayaking, and canoeing adventures to the site and changed the name to Bike, Hike, and Paddle which now serves as the index for my Chuck's Adventures site. Together the two sites have had nearly 550,000 visits and contain over ten thousand photos. A decade ago I began making videos of my adventures, and my YouTube channel has 150 movies with 420,000 views. It's rewarding to share my outdoor adventures with so many people!













No comments: