Bike, Hike, and Paddle

****************************************************************************************************************************
From January of 1996 to October of 2008, this site was called "Chuck's Backpacking Bonanza" and was hosted on AOL until they ceased such hosting. Over the years, I expanded the site to include much more than only backpacking, so the name is now Bike, Hike, and Paddle. Enjoy my efforts!
******************************************************************************************************************************
--------------------THE INDEX IN THE SIDEBAR ON THE RIGHT WILL GET YOU STARTED--------------------
******************************************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

19th Anniversary of this website!

Yup.  In January of 1996, I began this website which was then called Chuck's Backpacking Bonanza. It was hosted on AOL, one of the few web presences then that allowed members to create free websites.  When AOL discontinued hosting such sites in October of 2008, I moved everything over to Blogger (owned by Google), and since my aging body no longer allowed me to backpack anymore, I changed the site's name to Bike, Hike, and Paddle to better reflect my passions.  All of the original backpacking content is preserved here, with tons of new stuff added relating to my biking and paddling trips.  Enjoy my efforts, and I hope the content provides information and/or encouragement and incentive to your outdoor recreation.

2 comments:

GREG PFLUG said...

Keep it up for another 19!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck,
I just stumbled upon your blogsite and must congratulate you on your journeys and documentation. I am the coordinator for Miami-Dade County's Bike305 initiative which encourages residents to ride bikes and experience the miles of paved trails throughout the county. We work directly with half the municipalities in the county, helping them create and organize events and rides to introduce folks to the joys of riding, and, safe places to ride. I like your objective descriptions of the Rickenbacker Trail, the M-Path, the Virginia Key North Point Mountain Bike Trails, etc. Although the blogs are a few years old and some changes have occureed, they are still relevant. Can you shoot me an email so that I can speak to you about possibly using some of your material on the Bike305.com website, currently going thru re-formatting? My name is Sue Kawalerski. Please use my personal, via county, email for this initial correspondence. Thanks Chuck! tvpeople@ymail.com (yes, it's a "y" versus a "g")